My very first mentor, Ben Masselink, said those words to me the last time I saw him. I wish he was still here to see that I took many of his lessons to heart. But I have a feeling that Ben knows what I’ve been up to.
So as I go into lock down mode to meet my February 15th deadline, I want to leave you with the 7 Healthy Habits of the Happy Writer. I promise not to be gone for long, but in the meantime, if you feel like you can’t type one more word, or that your work will never be good enough, think of what Wonder Woman would do. Do you think she’d give up while fighting for our rights in her satin tights?
- Writes to strengthen her voice
- Makes time to write, rather than wait for the right time
- Knows an excuse when she hears one
- Listens to her instincts
- Erases failure from her vocabulary
- Writes through the pain
- Has the courage to overcome and learn from rejection
Luv & Besitos,